We can provide a complete fire extinguisher and safety cabinet installation service at very competitive rates using our qualified technicians. We keep pricing simple and understandable. For more information on our installation pricing click here.
There are many types of cabinets available; hose reel cabinets, fire extinguisher cabinets and log book cabinets to name just a few. We will not attempt to tell you how to install all of them but will cover the basics that apply to all of them.
Important location advice
According to AS2444
Section 3.5 – Where a cabinet or enclosure is used, the open door shall not encroach on the required width of path of travel to an exit or doorways…
Careful consideration needs to be given to the following
- Is the cabinet being installed suitable for the location and application (eg locked cabinet in external area)
- Installation must be carried out in accordance with AS2444:2001 where appropriate
- Consideration must be given not just to the weight of the cabinet, but to the potential contents also
- Type of wall the cabinet is being mounted to
- Wall fixings must be suitable for wall type
- The amount of traffic the installation location is subject to (this can help to prevent accidental demounting, damage and misuse)
- Potential for damage to occur to the cabinet in its installed location (eg forklifts operating in the area)
- Consideration of the surrounding environment and the cabinet materials (eg wet areas – don’t use a steel cabinet)
- Correct signage according to AS2444:2001. Fire extinguishers and fire hose reels will require location signs – Please see advice here on installing signs
If you are unsure about location, type or have any questions do not hesitate to contact us and ask us for advice.